It has been so hot here the past week. I worked in the yard but it was in shifts a little outside then a little inside. I am pretty sure I wasn’t made for the heat haha.
Here are some of the things I have done this past week to save money. Even going camping I was able to save on some things. Some things only save a few pennies but every little bit adds up. I am going to add something new to the bottom of the list. My fails for the week, there are always a few of them.
So this is what I have done the past couple of weeks to save.
- Hung clothes on the line.
- Undid 4 light bulbs in the bathroom so only one is working (it is a 5 light bulb fixture)
- Put used coffee grounds and tea bags in the compost pile.
- Added more tin cans to the can ( we will take these to the scrap yard with the rest of the metal when we get enough. It doesn’t pay a lot but every penny counts.
- Washed out some used baggies to reuse.
- Averaging about 3 eggs a day, I think the heat is getting to the chicken too.
- Added more aluminum cans to the aluminum can bucket
- Ate leftovers from the night before for lunches.
- Been leaving the windows are open at night so the house will be cool in the morning hours.
- Bought a case of peaches on sale to can.
- Added eggs to the water glassing bucket.
- Saving water from when we are letting it get warm to use for watering plants.
- Froze some spinach that was about to be done.
- Gathered the seeds from the onions we planted last year that we saved for seed this year.( Onions won’t seed till the second year so always leave a few plants for the next year to get seeds from)
Fails for the week
While I try very hard to be frugal and do a lot of DIY’s I do have a few failures.
- Had to buy bread since I didn’t get any made this week.
- Bought a fountain soda at the convenience store. I have been pretty good about not buying a soda in town but it just sounded so good haha. I did refill my own cup for a lower price so that has to count for something.
- Forgot the water on the garden ugh watered half the county.
Hope to do better next week.