I have been gone for a while been busy but hoping to start posting this once a week again. Been trying to get ready for fall and winter. We had our labor day music festival, did a couple more jeep trips, had a couple of birthday parties we went to, got most all my fall stuff put up in the house, got some more canning done had a freeze so we got the tomatoes covered right before it froze so hopefully will have a few more tomatoes and a few more things.
My microwave died and we really don’t have the money to replace it so I brought the small one in from the camper to use in the house.
I took another lotion and body butter course and can’t wait to start making it this way is a little different then what I have done in the past so excited to start making it.
So here are a few things I have done the past few weeks to save.
- Hung out clothes on the line to dry.
- Was gifted about 20 small pie pumpkins, about 20 pounds of various onions, and about 20 pounds various squash. I will can and freeze all of these.
- Was gifted some toys for the daycare.
- Got a load of scrap wood for the woodstove from Andy’s work.
- Added more tin cans to the can ( we will take these to the scrap yard with the rest of the metal when we get enough. It doesn’t pay a lot but every penny counts.
- Saved our aluminum cans.
- Took food from home for the jeep trips.
- Put used coffee grounds and tea bags in the compost pile.
- Feed scraps to pigs and goats.
- Made bread
- Canned several jars of Rotel and chipolata tomatoes
- Cooked all meals from scratch and ate leftovers for lunch ( we did order pizza one night but we got two meals from it for 15 dollars)
- Made a big batch of french toast to have for the kids.
- Opened windows instead of turning the cooler on.
I know there was more but about all, I can think of for now. What were you able to get done this past week to save money?