Once again I am wanting this to be a once a week post but it has been three weeks since the last one, will try to get better lol.
So some of the things I have done the past three weeks to save money.
- Made bread.
- Used hot water off the woodstove to wash dishes.
- Dried clothes on a drying rack in front of the woodstove.
- Got a load of free firewood from Andy’s work.
- Hung a large quilt in front of the back door to top the draft from coming in.
- Made tea on the woodstove.
- Saved the coffee grounds to use in the garden.
- Feed all the scraps to the dogs, goats, and chickens.
- Canned 10 pints whole oranges ( for whole orange cake)
- Canned 8 1/2 pints whole oranges.
- Canned 13 pints onion jam.
- Canned 2 1/2 pints blueberries.
- Canned 9 pints grapefruits in orange juice.
- Canned 10 pints of mushrooms.
- Made a batch of dishwasher soap
- Found several pounds of Mushrooms on clearance sale.
- Won a pair of work gloves.
- Won a bottle of Vetrimician. ( cow meds)
- Ordered dried elderberries to make my own syrup with.
- Cooked all meals from scratch.
- Put leftovers in the freezer to use for lunches.
- Bought a few seeds to start my plants for the garden this year.
- Saved empty baby food containers to reuse.
I think this may abut it. Not as much as I would like but working on it and by doing this it makes me think about everything I am doing to make sure I am doing all I can to save.
What were some of the things you did this week to save? Remember even if small things, it all adds up.