Last month I started a Homesteading savings Challenge you can read it here. Well, I got busy and didn’t keep up with it so I am starting back at it. Since I am so busy right now I am not going to do the cost savings yet ( hope to start that soon) for now I am just going to list the things I have done throughout the week to save money. It will be from Wednesday to Tuesday and I will post it on Wednesdays.
So for the past week, this has been what I have done to save.
- Line-dried two loads of laundry
- Didn’t go to town this week
- Ate all meals from my pantry even the meals we ate camping.
- Didn’t use the air conditioner opened windows when needed.
- I made a pumpkin cake with stuff I had on hand.
- Picked another large box of tomatoes.
- Picked a box of plums from one of our trees.
- Used Elderberry tincture that I made last year for my cold.
- Several bags of shredded zucchini in the freezer for bread.
- Made 16 large Breakfast Burritos to put in the freezer
- Mixed my dish soap half water half soap
- Made my own fabric softener
This is some of what I did this week. What were you able to do to save money?