Been super busy around here. We took a jeep trip in the middle of July then the next week we went to White Sands in New Mexico for my daughter’s wedding ( more on that soon) then two weeks after that we had to go to Wyoming for a week. In between all that been working on peaches and corn in addition to working on some daycare stuff.
Here are some of the things that I have been doing to save the last few weeks.
- Hung clothes on the line.
- Took food from home for both trips.
- Put used coffee grounds and tea bags in the compost pile.
- Added more tin cans to the can ( we will take these to the scrap yard with the rest of the metal when we get enough. It doesn’t pay a lot but every penny counts.
- Washed out some used baggies to reuse.
- Averaging about 3 eggs a day, I think the heat is getting to the chicken too.
- Added more aluminum cans to the aluminum can bucket
- Ate leftovers from the night before for lunches.
- Been leaving the windows are open at night so the house will be cool in the morning hours.
- Bought another case of peaches that were on sale to can.
- Was gifted a case of palisade peaches, I made jam from these.
- Added eggs to the water glassing bucket.
- Saving water from when we are letting it get warm to use for watering plants.
- Got two gallons of Spanish from the garden;
- Left some spinach plants so they could go to seed
- Have started finally getting cucumbers and zucchini from the garden.
- Feed scraps to pigs and goats.
- Made all the flowers for Joleen’s wedding.
- Decorated the cupcakes and cake for the wedding.
- Bought 2 cases of corn on sale will put these in the freezer for fried corn.
- Mowed my yard,
- We bought a new to us truck ( got a really good deal on it and we were needing one )
- Was gifted a small shed we can use for tools.
- Found an old wooden highchair like I have been looking for forever for only 30 dollars ( it does need to be redone but super excited about it)
That is about all I can think of right now.
Here are my fails.
- I ordered plain cupcakes for the wedding ( I did decorate myself)
- I ordered a small cake for the wedding (I did decorate myself just didn’t have time to make myself).
- We bought a truck it is a good thing and a fail haha
- Had about a dozen eggs on the counter that I didn’t get taken care of soon enough so lost them
- I know there were more but all I can think of right now haha
What were your saves and fails this past week?